- Perform Front Desk duties :
- Receive visitors to the organization, ascertain the visit purpose and direct to the person or entity called upon;
- Answer calls, provide relevant information (either by callers or visitors) and direct the telephone calls immediately to the right staff. Respond to routine inquiries and keep record of important calls and visits, including take and relaying messages on any incoming calls to the right staffs.
- Receive, screen and ensure that all IOM incoming and outgoing mails/faxes is delivered in a timely manner;
- Maintain and keep updated records of telephone numbers of UN agencies, government offices, embassies, NGOs and other parties who have close relations with the IOM.
- Update the phone directory of IOM Mozambique.
- Maintain the reception area and boardroom (meeting room) cleaned and tidy.
- Responsible for boardroom (meeting room) bookings and arrangement.
- Report to the Security and management immediately if s/he receives a threat or unwanted call or visit.
- Recognize vendors, fellows, IOM beneficiaries and relevant technicians as visitors.
- Administer payment for monthly office running bills including but not limited to telephone bills, newspaper, drinking water, shipment bills (DHL), refreshment for meetings, stationary, pest control etc.
- Act as a focal point to receive, circulate and record Purchase Request Forms (PRF) from the field offices for Finance verifications and Management approvals.
- Be the person in charge for managing the office stationeries, keeping a stock record and coordinating with Procurement/Logistic Unit for replenishment every third week of the month.
- Assist the Manager in coordinating and monitoring the office supports for keeping office clean and tidy.
- Maintain effective filling system related to the tasks.
- Provide assistance on staff travel.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Has experience as Front Desk/Receptionist or other related experience in Administration/Receptionist/Secretary/Telephone Operator.
- Previous working experience in an international organization and familiarity with the IOM/UN common system or similar systems is an advantage
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal, written), especially in English.
- Knowledge of customer service principle and practices.
- Customer service oriented, polite and courteous manner regardless of the situation, has the ability to deal calmly with difficult customers or visitors, and has the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Basic IT or computer skills and relevant software applications, including the ability to work with telecommunication systems (telephones, fax machines, switchboards etc).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Efficiency and excellent organizational skills
- Has the ability to balance conflicting demands.
- Familiar with IOM working environment is of a distinct advantage.
- A commitment to and knowledge of the organization and its work
- A smart and neat appearance
- Able to meet deadlines
- Work with minimum direct supervision and work under own initiative
Fluency in English and Portuguese both written and spoken is required. Local languages of Cabo Delgado province
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary, skype user ID, phone number and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to [email protected] , indicating your name and the reference code above [Name, SVN/MZ10/2021/048 – Receptionist/Administrative Assistant] s subject. The deadline for applications is 12 September 2021.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
From 30.08.2021 to 12.09.2021