OPEN TO INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CANDIDATE
Reference No: SVN/MZ10/2021/061
Position Title: Project Clerk (CRP) - 3 positions
Duty Station: Pemba, Mozambique
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Graded Contract, 6 (six) months with the possibility of extension.
Report to: National Programme Officer (CRP)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 10 November 2021
The International Organization for Migration (IOM), the UN Migration Agency is a dynamic and growing inter-governmental organization, with 172 member states. IOM is committed to the principle that “humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society”. Established in 1951 and now active in over 440 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to promote international cooperation to address operational challenges of migration and mobility, assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems, and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. IOM addresses the migratory phenomenon from an integral and holistic perspective, including links to development, in order to maximize its benefits and minimize its negative effects.
IOM-Mozambique has an established Community Resilience and Peacebuilding (CRP) portfolio that strengthens the ability of communities to mitigate the negative effects of violent conflict. Activities in this portfolio will build social cohesion though support to civil society, income generation activities, community-led infrastructure upgrades and support to the Government of Mozambique in implementing policies and strategies related to peace and stability. The activities are being implemented across multiple communities and districts, and will require significant operational support.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (CRP) and direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (CRP), the incumbent will support the field implementation of the CRP portfolio.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- In close coordination with other project staff, collect information to identify individuals and groups for project participation;
- Provide support to Project Assistant in communicating with community leaders, community members and other community-level stakeholders, particularly in local languages;
- Assist in recording the information on the distribution of materials;
- Assist the work of field level activists for timely and effective execution of the programme’s activities;
- Provide regular reports on field-level activities, including completing monitoring tools in accordance with structured reporting requirements;
- Provide clerical support to the CRP team including the Programme Manager, Programme Officers and Project Officers (national and international);
- Assist in the logistical preparation of trainings, workshops and other events;
- Assist in data entry;
- Undertake duty travel as required;
- Assist in organizing filling system and keep data/files up to date;
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economy or Business, Sociology/Anthropology or any related field from an accredited academic institution with at least 1 (one) year of relevant experience, or
- Minimum completed High School degree with certification in computer science with at least three years of relevant work experience
- Experience in community engagement and working with community leaders required;
- Experience in working with individuals and/or communities affected by conflict is highly desirable;
- Experience coordinating with stakeholders, including government and local or international partners in implementation of activities is desirable;
- Experience coordinating and/or supervising field level activists/volunteers is desirable.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds;
- Experience in livelihoods or income generation work is highly desirable;
- Previous working experience in an international organization and familiarity with the IOM/UN common system or similar systems is an advantage;
- Experience with conflict prevention, mediation or psychosocial counselling is desirable..
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely including activity reports;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work under pressure; Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team with colleagues from various cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word and Excel and internet explorer.
Fluency in English and Portuguese both oral and written is required. Local languages of Cabo Delgado province desirable.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date;
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary, skype user ID, phone number and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above [NAME, SVN/MZ10/2021/061 – Project Clerk (CRP)] as subject. The deadline for applications is 10 November 2021.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered
From 27.10.2021 to 10.11.2021