OPEN TO INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Reference No: SVN/MZ10/2021/047
Position Title: Project Administrative Assistant (Migration Health)
Duty Station: Pemba, Mozambique
Classification: General Service, Grade: G-4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Graded Contract, 6 (six) months with the possibility of extension
Report to: Programme Officer (Migration Health)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 10 September 2021
The International Organization for Migration (IOM), the UN Migration Agency is a dynamic and growing inter-governmental organization, with 172 member states. IOM is committed to the principle that “humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society”. Established in 1951 and now active in over 440 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to promote international cooperation to address operational challenges of migration and mobility, assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems, and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. IOM addresses the migratory phenomenon from an integral and holistic perspective, including links to development, in order to maximize its benefits and minimize its negative effects.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. For the purpose of this vacancy, the following internal candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
- The minimum time in post requirement is six months for such internal candidates who are incumbents of a position being advertised or confirmed for discontinuation.
- Internal candidates on short-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of six months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
In addition, all applicants should meet eligibility requirements for languages, education and work experience requirements stipulated in the SVN.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (Migration Health), in close coordination with Head of Sub Office and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (Migration Health), the successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of IOM Mozambique’s projects in the area of health in Emergencies with a focus on the response to crisis affected population.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support administrative and clerical activities of the Migration Health programme in close collaboration with the Finance and Logistics units.
- In close coordination with the Finance and Logistics and other relevant colleagues, execute and monitor financial expenditures of activities, ensuring that all administrative procedures are followed in compliance with IOM rules and regulations, alert the Program Officer and/or Program Manager on shortfalls and over-expenditures.
- Process all Purchase Requisition Forms (PRFs), including submission to relevant units for approval, tracking of PRFs, and maintaining the tracking database.
- Liaise with IOM Procurement and Logistics unit for the follow up of the procurement of materials, transportation and the delivery to the field offices in a timely manner.
- Inform the Programme Officer and Manager of any deviations from the plan and propose necessary adjustments.
- Process all Request for Payments (RFPs), including submission to relevant units for approval, tracking of RFPs, and maintaining the tracking database.
- Support and coordinate the processing of travel authorizations (TAs) and security clearances for project-related travel of emergency health projects.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Migration Health programme in organizing events and activities in the field;
- Record and archive all relevant documents of the Migration Health programme;
- Coordinate with Human Resources, and Finance Units in the compilation of documentation related to staffing, time sheets, etc
- Support in general operations troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in International Relations, Business Administration or related area from an accredited university with two years relevant work experience; or
- Completed high school diploma with at least four years of relevant working experience preferably within the International Humanitarian Organizations
- Has good knowledge of administration and project implementation
- Experience in a humanitarian or emergency operation desirable
- Has previous experience working in community-based programmes and/or health programming.
- Previous working experience in an international organization and familiarity with the IOM/UN common system or similar systems is an advantage
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent organization skills
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Personal Commitment and high level of integrity.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package
Fluency in English and Portuguese both written and spoken is required. Local languages of Cabo Delgado province is advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date;
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary, skype user ID, phone number and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to [email protected], indicating your name and the reference code above [Name, SVN/MZ10/2021/047 – Project Administrative Assistant (MH)] as subject. The deadline for applications is 10 September 2021.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered.
From 28.08.2021 to 10.09.2021