OPEN TO INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Reference No: SVN/MZ10/2021/033
Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant (Reissued)
Duty Station: Beira, Mozambique
Classification: General Service, Grade: G-4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Graded Contract, 6 (six) months with the possibility of extension
Report to: Procurement/Logistics Officer
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 29 September 2021
The International Organization for Migration (IOM), the UN Migration Agency is a dynamic and growing inter-governmental organization, with 172 member states. IOM is committed to the principle that “humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society”. Established in 1951 and now active in over 440 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to promote international cooperation to address operational challenges of migration and mobility, assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems, and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. IOM addresses the migratory phenomenon from an integral and holistic perspective, including links to development, in order to maximize its benefits and minimize its negative effects.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. For the purpose of this vacancy, the following internal candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
- The minimum time in post requirement is six months for such internal candidates who are incumbents of a position being advertised or confirmed for discontinuation.
- Internal candidates on short-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of six months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
In addition, all applicants should meet eligibility requirements for languages, education and work experience requirements stipulated in the SVN.
Under the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer and Direct supervision of the Procurement Officer and in close coordination with Head of Office, the incumbent Obtains quotations, tendering, purchase and delivery of goods and services, and providing logistics support at the sub office.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Receive, review and process incoming requests from requisitioners confirming sufficient clarity on specifications given for good and services and any other relevant information from requisitioners, particularly from programme managers at the sub office.
2. Identify potential vendors, participate in vendor’s appraisals and if suitable register them in PRISM (SAP) system and/or procurement company’ database.
3. Assist to implement procurement activities, including obtaining quotations, preparation of evaluation and recommendation, issuance of Purchase Order (PO) or Service Agreement (SA) and delivery of goods/services in accordance to IOM procurement guidelines and ensure that all procurement transactions are done through PRISM (SAP).
4. Undertake regular spot check on quality, delivery from selected vendors and also record the level of satisfaction of IOM beneficiaries with the service rendered to together with operations staff and participate in the evaluation of vendor’s performance regularly.
5. Report to requisitioner on the status of procurements, including estimated time of delivery and/or any changes which may affect pre-determined delivery conditions. In the event of changes, propose alternatives to mitigate delays in project implementation processes.
6. Prepare payment documentation and liaise closely with the finance unit concerning payment of purchased and delivered goods and services.
7. Maintain optimal records of all transactions, creating and maintaining an efficient filling system for record of all quotations, copies of records of expenditure, receiving reports, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept accountable and easily accessible by managers.
8. Prepare weekly progress report for all procurement activities and provide brief updates to HoSO on overall status of purchases, logistics and warehousing.
9. Maintain office asset inventory, office vehicles and drivers in line to IOM internal policy and procedures.
10. Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times
11. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of expertise (Business, Administration, Logistics, Management, etc ) with two years of relevant experience, or;
- Completed High School from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experiences.
- Good knowledge of, and experience in procurement and logistics, administration and operational.
- Have working experiences in administration, logistics, and procurement, preferably have experiences in procurement and logistics at IOM
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyses and interpret source information and data.
- High level of computer literacy is required, Good knowledge of MS-Office, specifically Microsoft EXCEL.
- Have knowledge and experiences in SAP is an advantangee.
Fluency in English and Portuguese both written and spoken is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date;
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary, skype user ID, phone number and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to [email protected], indicating the reference code above [NAME, SVN/MZ10/2021/033 – Procurement and Logistics Assistant] as subject. The deadline for applications is 29 September 2021.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered. Previous applicants are still valid and need to reapply
Previous applicants are still valid and need not to reapply
From 09.09.2021 to 29.09.2021