OPEN TO INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CANDIDATE
Reference No: SVN/MZ10/2021/037
Position Title: DTM Information Management Assistant
Duty Station: Nampula, Mozambique
Classification: General Service, Grade: G-5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Graded Contract, 6 (six) months with the possibility of extension.
Report to: DTM/ IM Programme Officer, DTM Coordinator
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 13 September 2021
The International Organization for Migration (IOM), the UN Migration Agency is a dynamic and growing inter-governmental organization, with 172 member states. IOM is committed to the principle that “humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society”. Established in 1951 and now active in over 440 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to promote international cooperation to address operational challenges of migration and mobility, assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems, and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. IOM addresses the migratory phenomenon from an integral and holistic perspective, including links to development, in order to maximize its benefits and minimize its negative effects.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. For the purpose of this vacancy, the following internal candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
- The minimum time in post requirement is six months for such internal candidates who are incumbents of a position being advertised or confirmed for discontinuation.
- Internal candidates on short-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of six months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
In addition, all applicants should meet eligibility requirements for languages, education and work experience requirements stipulated in the SVN.
Under the direct supervision of the DTM/IM Programme Officer and under overall supervision of the DTM Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will provide office-wide support to programme related tasks inclusive of information management and provide dedicated support to IOM’s DTM programme in Nampula and Beira.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Assist in the timely implementation of the DTM/IM activities in line with the DTM/IM program strategy, programme guidelines, targets, and deadlines, including assessment, reporting, data management, Cash for Work, and post distribution monitoring.
2. Monitor data collection processes in the DTM Programme and the overall data management activities including encoding, storing, processing, and support to the analysis of the collected data and information.
3. Provide assistance to the timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination to all relevant channels.
4. Provide user support on information management tools and reporting needs.
5. Based on the DTM workload and in close coordination with ICT Assistant in Maputo, provide onsite end-user support to IOM staff on ITC issues.
6. Perform such other tasks as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science (preferable), Communications, Geodetics, International Relations, Political Science, Social Sciences or any related discipline from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant working experience or;
- Minimum completed High School degree with certification in computer science with at least five years of relevant work experience
- Work experience in UN agencies, NGOs, and related humanitarian response bodies.
- Experience in the management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analyzing data to generate information products.
- Advanced data visualization and information design skills.
- Strong computer background in Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, ACCESS).
- Experience in research and report writing.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system.
- Analyze statistical information.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa.
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets.
- Experience with handling confidential data.
- Demonstrated team-building and information management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Understanding of relational data theory.
Fluency in English and Portuguese both oral and written is a must. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date;
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary, skype user ID, phone number and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to [email protected], indicating the reference code above [NAME, SVN/MZ10/2021/037 – DTM Information Management Assistant] as subject. The deadline for applications is 13 September 2021.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered
Previous applicants are still valid and need not to reapply
From 30.08.2021 to 13.09.2021